Started painting the exterior of my house, with help from my lovely fiance. Maryanne picked out an interesting yellow for the base and a rich, dark brown for the trim. It's gonna' look really sharp with the softer tones of the roof shingles. Also started packing boxes for the move, and patching and ripping boards on the exterior. Can't wait to see this thing when it's done.
The house however is infested with fleas. Not sure how, or from where. Looked under the crawlspace to see if a cow or something was living under there, but nothing. And since Kara was an indoor cat, she couldn't be bringing them in. So I bombed the house, spread poison on the ground outside, and sprayed on the inside. And there's still fleas.
Next step: napalm!
Some of you may have noticed I spoke of Kara being an outdoor cat in the past tense. Well, she'd been wanting out for some time, so I let her go. She was cautious and stuck to around the house. And since the place was already filled with fleas, it wasn't like she could bring more in. So, I let her out, hoping that I could bomb the house while she hung around outside. And she was good for a few hours. I'd tell her to get in, and she would, and then I'd let her back out. But then evening came, she ran up on the porch, I told her to get inside, and she didn't. That was Sunday. Since then, there's been two storms, and no sign of her. I figure she'll run off to one of the neighbor's houses and be happier there.