Saturday Maryanne and I set up a couple of tanks. At home we have a 29 gallon filled with plants, guppies, platties, and a few ghost shrimp. It's very nice and really sets off the area. In my office is a 55 gallon with two koi and an albino frog, but nothing else. I need to get some decor or something for it.
Sunday we were off with her sister Jennifer to see the old hotel and lake ruins. Besides seeing the top of the ampitheatre and some newly exposed lower parts of the hotel, there were also several ducks and a bald eagle checking out the throngs of people. The ruins themselves weren't too impressive, but what was noteworthy to me was the water level of the lake. I know there's a drought and all, but I really had to wonder how much of an impact increasing population demands throughout Northwest Arkansas had put on the lake. In Fort Smith, the Mayor proposed a
day of prayer for relief from the drought, as well as plans to expand the water resevoirs.
So, while the region finds it water resources dwindling away, we're setting up fish tanks. I almost feel like I'm
playing the fiddle with Nero or something here, but I guess it isn't that bad yet. Then again, my 55 gallon tank seems to lose about an inch of water a day, so who knows.