Not much to report really. Spent a nice little day in Eureka Springs, and found that it had changed somewhat over the years. The last vestiges of the Beanie Baby craze had yet to be cleared out, but for the most part stores there once again focused on a specialized variety of products and unique identities. If you go there, stop by Silly Chilies and try everything they offer you. Trust me, they've got some good stuff. Avoid the hot sauce store however; the guy staffing it reeked of overbearing desperation.
This weekend I also noticed how expensive good spices can be. Picked up a spice rack with about 20 seasonings for $30. We figure if the spices are any good, it'd be cheaper just to buy another rack rather than buy the individual seasonings. I also discovered that
McCormick Gourmet spices are worth the money, and the bottles look so classy. Regretably I suspect I'll be picking up a couple of bottles every week I go to the store now. On the flip side, soon I'll be making orange sesame chicken; I'll post the recipie when I invent it. While getting the spice rack I also convinced Maryanne that I needed a
Misto for the kitchen as well. I personally blame Nick White for selling me on the product after cooking some Trust me on this, you can't get a 97 cent spray bottle at Wal-Mart to do the same thing; I tried.
Pee-wee and Aslan were neutered and declawed the last Friday of January, and Pee-wee had a reaction to the surgical glue, getting an infection in his paws. Both of the boys are limping around, but Pee-wee's been having a hard time of it all. He seems to be getting better, but we'll call the vet and find out.