In the next few weeks I plan on cooking three meals. One Italian, one Chinese, and one Indian. Each meal will contain a main course, a dessert, and either two entrees or an entree and an appetizer. Not that there's much difference between an appetizer and an entree, except that the appetizer will be served before the main meal. Italian Meal - Swiss-stuffed chicken parmesean served over whole wheat angel hair pasta in an alfredo sauce.
- Pizza bread
- Sauteed zucchini
- Chocolate-iced hazelnut biscotti
Indian Meal - Grilled Afghani chicken (not Indian, but close enough) over seasoned rice
- Aloo Sabzi (hot seasoned potatoes and peppers)
- Pita and Humus (maybe a cool humus to offset the hotter chicken and potatoes)
- Gulba Jamun (fried donut holes) drizzled with maple syrup
Chinese Meal - Teriyaki chicken and pepper stir-fry with fried rice
- Yu rong chun dan (boiled eggs wrapped in minced fish and fried)
- Grilled asparagus with orange wasabi dressing
- Bannana spring rolls
Of the three, the Chinese will definately be the most experimental, the Italian the most familiar, and the Indian the hottest. And for those keeping score, the pasta, alfredo, and spring rolls are the only things not being made from scratch.
So, why am I posting this? I like to cook, and I like to cook for people. But I never know what to cook for someone. So, first person among my family and friends to speak up gets to pick the meal and the time. Then the second person, and then the third. We'll see how this works out....