I've been holding off on posting lately. Not much point in talking about this or that in light of everything going on....
Martin, Maryanne's step-dad who strikes me as a "good" good ol' boy, got into a bad motorcycle wreck a few weeks back. He's doing better than initially feared, but he'll be in a wheelchair for 11 weeks. Lots of physical therapy on his leg and arm ahead.
My good friend Darryl is dealing with his father's declining health. It's been two weeks, and I haven't called to check on him or his father.
My mom goes in to the doctor to see why it hurts to walk. Shanna meanwhile will have to find out why mom didn't take a shot of medicine weeks ago; I understand what it's like to be afraid of needles, I really do, but this is excessive. Hopefully the MRI results will be good.
Korn and Squeeky both recently passed away, and despite how much they were loved their losses seem almost trivial in comparison. But saying that their death is trivial doesn't feel right either.
And this is just the stuff that involves my family (or people so close I consider them such). A nice lady and her husband that I know found out their daughter has cancer. Another guy I know had to take his wife to the doctor and have a miscarriage removed. It seems like it just goes on and on.
I like to keep it fairly upbeat around here, and I promise to do so after this post, but I didn't want people to think I didn't care.