So we just finished some ninety hours of
Farscape last week. It's basically a sci-fi show, filmed in Australia, with muppets. And despite some rather jarring problems with the writing and character introductions, it's pretty dang awesome. It's not a kids' show though; nudity by the second episode, sex scattered throughout, lots of violence, and a bunch of characters that serve as terrible role-models. It's almost like someone looked at Star Trek and decided to turn it all upside down. The heroes are all escaped criminals with a "token" human. Their plans never work out the way they'd like. And nobody notices as the human slowly goes insane because they assume all humans are just like that. It's really a lot of fun, and possibly the Professor's favorite show ever (and to think, she hesitated).
Problem is, now we're done with it and need to find something else. For the most part I can find a show she enjoys, and as long as it has a continuing story or humorous characters, she's easy to please. And I (get to) pick what that something is. Next up,
Supernatural. We could just watch shows on TV I suppose, but most of the shows we watch are either ending or in season break, so we're stuck with DVDs. Besides, I don't think she likes having to wait to see what happens next (not that I'm any better at times).
And for those of you on the Dish Network (hi mom!), on channel 199 they have
Chiller now! Night Gallery, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Tales from the Darkside, Tales from the Crypt, and more. It's become my new "go to" channel, and while they repeat a lot of stuff they also cycle through other shows as they run through a series.
Labels: General