The Periphery of the Mind

Where I post whatever I feel like.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

 

Weekend Recap

Work, work, and more work. And I've got less of it than the Professor.

Friday went to Chuck-E-Cheese's for her nephew's birthday. The image of a smiling gray mouse was omnipresent. The pizza was alright, but mainly it gave the kids a place to swerve in and out between people's legs.

Saturday was pretty dead.

Sunday was spent pricing the last of the camping gear we'll need, and visited the new Steak-N-Shake in Rogers. The service was great, the food was really good, and the price... well, if the dollar menu at McDonalds is a treat, then you might want to avoid this place. It's a good price for what you get, but it's expensive.

Yesterday went to visit my grandma in the hospital. The Professor and I were walking into the place just as she was being wheeled out. So instead of visiting her there, we went over to her place. Grandma still had a slight cough, and seemed tired, but was otherwise doing well.

Oh yeah, and I got drafted to work on the in-laws laptop this weekend. So that's always fun. But the Prof put in over nine hours of work in designs for the Bikes, Blues, & BBQ this weekend. Work which may not get approved by the BBB committees (or may even get stolen, as they apparently like to "borrow" design ideas they reject). So she was about to have a nervous breakdown. Fortunately, I've since learned to just nod and smile at any design she brings me when she asks what I think of it, and she's learned not to ask me what I think of a design. I genuinely love 75% of what she does, but there's always that 25% that just doesn't do anything for me, and that's where the fun begins!

So yeah, I'm looking forward to finally testing our camping gear this coming weekend.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   February 2007   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   July 2010   August 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]