A mixed weekend. The six canary eggs were tossed out; none of the chicks ever hatched, and a few weren't even fertilized. A shame, but I kind of figure we shouldn't be trying to breed them right now. Juliet and Romeo are separated, and Maryanne's giving Juliet a break at least until we move the birds upstairs.
The trim boards for the upstairs bedroom are almost done. I managed to get some good cuts, but hammering was a pain. I really should invest in a good nail gun some time I think. Still need to cut two more pieces, but I'll need a trip to home depot for materials before I can finish it. Then just need to caulk, and paint the nail heads. The upstairs closet now has shelves and a hanging rod, so it's finished. Maryanne's wanting to touch up the paint, but we may just leave it alone.
I'm taking off Friday and Monday, hopefully to finish fixing up the exterior. That'll leave this weekend for interior painting. Currently I need to dig up the dirt from the drainage ditch next to the house and driveway, use that fill the holes the dogs dig in the back yard, throw down grass seed and straw in places (maybe), and
finally sand/fill/paint the bad parts on the exterior. Hopefully we won't get any rain, making it the first weekend where that's the case this month.
Labels: weekend recap