Well actually more like Dog Owner Growling. Hopefully I was the bigger dog.
Last night, around 9:30 or so, I tried to go lay down. But there was a little yapping dog that was barking, and had been barking for some time. And when he barks, he barks and barks and barks and barks and barks. Maryanne and I have timed him barking for hours, usually from 2:30 in the morning until 5:00 or so. We figured he didn't like being booted outside, and that was why he would get on a barking fit. Anyway, I'd had enough. I figured it was close to 10, and he'd probably be barking for another couple of hours. I knew which house it was (it's directly behind and to the northeast of ours), and I'd watched him bark before hand to make sure. Cute little guy actually, a black and white splotchy thing.
Anyway, I figured if I was going to call the cops I needed a street address (which I found to be 2208 Olrich, for fmy uture reference) so I set off to get it. As I walked around the block I realized I could hear him at the end of the street. Hopefully I wasn't the only person to have called the cops. Once I found the house, I noticed that the owners seemed to be in so I rang the doorbell. A frizzled old woman, perhaps in her 60's, answered cautiously.
Me: "Could you please keep your dog quiet."
Her: "Where are you from?"
Me: "The other side of the street."
Her: "Do you have dogs?"
Me: "Yes, but I don't let mine bark for hours on end."
And then I walked away.
I'm not sure if we'll never have problems again or not, and to be honest she may have brought the dog in when I arrived since I didn't hear him outside by the time I got to her door. But I didn't hear him last night, and I know where to send the cops the next time he's been barking for hours.
Labels: dogs, neighborhood, NWA