Went and picked up Maryanne at the Tulsa International Airport. One nice thing about Tulsa is that it's a nice blend of chaos and order; I missed my interstate exit to the airport but was able to easily navigate to it. Anyway, her plane was running late and I was running early, so I got to explore the airport. Which took about ten minutes. At nine in the evening, the airport is fairly dead. Just some car rental agents, local newspaper boxes, and Tyson vending machines to take my money. And while I felt pity for the poor folks working their rental booths, and curiosity towards the Tyson machine (just what did it have to offer), I settled for a free local paper. Which killed another ten minutes and a handful of brain cells.
Eventually Maryanne's plane landed and let her go, and we drove back to Arkansas. It was one in the morning, we were hungry, and our options were limited. We stopped at an IHoP and I was reminded why I never choose to eat there when other restaurants are open. The menu was crummy, the food was mediocre, and the bill was steep. I'll just skip to Denny's next time. I'm sure the experience will be similar, but their place is done up in a 50's theme!
Sunday we went to Shanna's for Katy's birthday, wiped and exhausted. We couldn't stay for the opening of the presents, which is good because I figure everybody else got her much nicer gifts than we did, and I was a little embarrassed by it. But Katy won't care hopefully. So Maryanne and I left early, came home and napped, ran some errands, and then went to bad. And I'm still wiped.
Ah well, it's not like I have a demanding job....
Labels: weekend recap