Saturday, Maryanne and I went out to Hobbs State Park and took a backpack out on the Pigeon Roost Trail. Apparently it used to be the home of millions of passenger pigeons, but then they went extinct. On the bright side, I'm glad we weren't hiking through that much bird crap.
Sunday we took a trip to Bass Pro in Springfield and ate at the Hemingway. And vowed never to eat there on a Sunday again; the bill was $30. On the way back we stopped in... Cassville I think, and hit a couple of flea markets. The place was crawling with them, and we'll have more to hit on the way back. That said, my favorite is still the antique store on the way to Clifty Arkansas. Hopefully we can hit there again next year. Lots of nice, antique, well-maintained furniture. They want a pretty penny for it, but it's fun to look.
And today Maryanne's sister Jennifer goes in for an X-ray on her arm. Medical incompetence from an unnecessary tetanus shot may have seriously damaged her arm. Hopefully she'll still be able to play music. Martin meanwhile is dealing with a severely damaged foot his doctor never noticed last year. I'm suspecting that I'm going to be able to learn all about how to handle a malpractice claim before much longer.
Labels: weekend recap