The main thing I'm starting to notice is how little energy Maryanne has right now. She's a little over six weeks in, and she hardly has energy to sit on the couch and talk. I know the other night we were busy moving tiles and leveling sand as part of fixing the house, and that was some hard work (she swept sand while I picked up and moved the tiles for those wondering), and that probably contributed to her fatigue. But it also seems like the less she moves around the less energy she has to move with; if I can get her to go for a slow walk around the neighborhood she perks up and seems to have more energy.
I don't know how much is residual stress from work, stress from the house (which I think is actually pretty minimal), stress from the pregnancy, being off her meds, or some combination. I do think though that she needs to be moving more rather than less; just not any strenuous movements is all.
We're supposed to be taking Friday off, so we can have a four day weekend for housework. If it's clear, we can repaint the garage and start on the entry door. If it's raining I figure we can touch up the ceiling paint tomorrow and start on the repainting the major interior damage (there isn't much, and I've already put down putty in the holes). It should be fairly easy, although I may try to get her to wear a mask or something for fear of paint fumes.
Labels: Fatherhood